As winters get colder and colder bathroom heaters are becoming more and more popular. The last thing that most people want is to get out a warm bed in the morning and step onto a chilly floor. It can also be quite upsetting to sit on a cold toilet or step out of the shower and find yourself surrounded by chilly air. If you haven’t bought a bathroom heater and are planning to buy one soon it is important that you are armed with the right information. What should you be looking for in a bathroom wall heater?
• The first thing you should know is that there are different kinds of bathroom heaters. The most popular are wall mounted heaters and these are so well liked because they are very easy to install. You can also have ceiling mounted heaters. These are not very good for large bathrooms as most of the heat disperses before it can reach floor levels. The third type is baseboard mounted heaters and they are good for both big and small bathrooms. You can also choose to have a portable heater that you can carry around but these are not always a good idea especially if they have to sit of the floor – there is the risk of electrical accidents.
• If you have a small bathroom or one that has poor ventilation it is important that you choose a heater that has a fan to move the air around.
• Consider the size of your bathroom. You want to buy a heater powerful enough to heat the whole bathroom. If you already have central heating then you can buy a less powerful heater. If you live in a very cold place then you may want to stick with a more powerful heater whether or not you have central heating – you get undressed in there and if it is cold it can be uncomfortable. The rule of thumb is that you buy a heater that gives off 10 watts for every square foot of your bathroom.
• Choose a heater that has an automatic thermostat. This way, you don’t have to be there to turn it on and off. You can program it such that it turns on just before you wake up in the morning so that by the time you get in there for a shower the room is already warm.
• Look for Energy Star brands. These are brands that are committed to reducing how much electricity is used in the home. They are built in such a way that they use a fraction of the power that other brands use. Not only will they help you save in utility bills they will also help you reduce your carbon footprint.
Use these tips to buy the best bathroom heater for your needs.